What defines a college student? Trendy? Frugal? Choosy? Exactly, a college student will not pick the first laptop on the shelf; instead, s/he will shop around for the cheapest yet amazingly classy laptop that will fit his or her budget.
Before we delve deeper into the details of choosing a cheap 2-in-1 laptop for college students on a budget, let us first look at how a 2 in 1 laptop differs from other kinds of laptops.
But what is a 2-in-1 Laptop?
In today’s first-place technology world, having a device that can double up as a laptop and a tablet at the same time is the new cool.
A 2-in-1 laptop (also written as 2 in 1 PC or 2 in 1 computer) is described merely as a Personal Computer (PC) that combines both a laptop and a tablet.
This means that the 2-in-1s PC can fall in a broad category of products ranging from laptop-like tablets to tablet-like laptops.
Are you Confused?
Don’t worry, we will explore more about these devices.
Netbook PC also falls in this category of 2-in-1 laptops. You can refer to a netbook as a laptop-like tablet.
The 2-in-1 laptops became popular earlier before the tablets that we are all used to nowadays. The earlier version included a flip-around touchscreen and super slim keyboards.
However, the earlier 2-in1 laptop models were bulky to an average consumer who ranks portability over functionality. With enhanced technology, PC producers have developed even thinner and lighter designs that have the full functionality of an ordinary laptop. It is from this re-designing that a new category of PC was found called 2-in-1 laptops.
Why college students on a budget should go for a 2-in-1 laptop
While using a smartphone has taken over most of the tasks that were initially handled by a PC, some advanced tasks can only be done on a laptop. Laptops are essential for students as they help to work on their assignments and projects.
A 2-in-1 laptop is suitable for students because of its versatility. Students often prefer to have a fancy device that they can easily carry from one lecture to another with ease. Additionally, when you are not in a class, or the lecturer has delayed for a few minutes, you will need a good 2-in-1 laptop that can easily connect to the School’s free WiFi hotspot. One that you can use to update your social media, play music, and games simultaneously.
A 2-in1 Laptop is the best fit for this since it can offer entertainment and connectivity and has a decent screen size. A smartphone can achieve this, but on a limited scale, that is why a smartphone is currently used by students primarily for texting, calling, and socializing.
In that case, finding the best-budget 2-in-1 laptops for a scholar or undergraduate is quite demanding. Below are some top cheap but amazing 2 in 1 laptop that college students can opt to buy for use in college.
It doesn’t matter which specific department you are in, the 2 in 1 laptop covered in this article will apply for Medical students, engineering students on a budget, architectural students, social science students, art students, business students, nursing students, and even programming and software engineering students on a budget.
Let us sample some of the best cheap 2 in 1 laptop that college students can buy in 2020:
The Asus Vivobook S14 has a stunning look with a 14-inch display screen laptop powered by intel’s 8th with ten processors and internal 8Gigabyte memory. The best thing about this laptop is that its light and thin and has SSD to increase performance and speed. It is also incorporated with essential ports such as HDMI port, USB-A, and USB-B. This laptop is available at under $700.
Features Of Asus Vivobook S14
- the operating system work on window ten home along with a processor of i5-8265U by intel core.
- It has 14 inches screen display that shows 1920*1080 resolution pixels, and its dimensions are 18*323*213.
- It is integrated with the graphics of intel UHD 620.
- The suave and sleek design language
- Smooth typing experience
- Great performance
- Moderate battery life
- Average speakers
- Lose hinges
It is powered by either AMD’s Ryzen or 8th generation core of intel processor; it has the combined potency of IdeaPad 330s and IdeaPad 330, making it the best choice for college students on a budget. It is one of Lenovo’s cheapest laptops, and it is the best school pick laptop for college students and is also good for working professionals and engineering students. It is the best laptop available under $450.
Features of Lenovo IdeaPad S340
It works on the operating system of window ten home with i7 8th generation by intel core.
The display screen measures 14 inches and provides a resolution of 1920*1080 pixels
It is integrated with SSD of 256GB and 12GB memory
It has the graphics processor by NVIDIA GeForce MX250.
- It has a webcam’s privacy shutter
- Lightweight and slimmer than 330s
- Limited performance of the hard drive
- Lack of color quality in the display
3. Hp Chromebook 14
This laptop runs on Chrome OS other than windows; the Chromebook 14 is an excellent choice for the student who likes to browse the website, checking emails, and watching videos regularly. It is a reliable sport build worth its price, and it is best for children or people who are tend to be on the awkward side. This laptop is available under $600.
Features Of Hp Chromebook 14
- It operates on a chrome system with N3350 Intel Celeron processors.
- It has 14 inches display screen with 1366*768 resolutions
- It also has 4 gigabytes DDR4 and 64 GB for internal storage.
- It is incorporated with Intel HD Graphics 500.
- It is excellent for light web tasks
- Matte-finish body design
- Enough USB ports
- Does not work on multitasking
- Flat audio
- Colorless display
4. Lenovo Ideapad S145
The Lenovo IdeaPad s145 has a slimmer and lighter look. The Ideapad s145 work on the processor of the 8th generation core by intel. It comes in both HDD and SSD options so that students can choose either of the suitable options for their work. Its display also comes in two options, that is 14 and 15.6 inches. This laptop is available under $450.
Features Of Lenovo Ideapad S145
- It has the operating system of window ten home, with i7 8th generation of intel core.
- The display consists of two variants that are 14 and 15.6 inches that give 1920*1080 resolution pixels.
- It has a memory of 1TB of HDD and 4GB of DDR4.
- It has an AMD Radeon vega three graphics processor
- Sufficient USB ports
- Easy charging kit
- Full HD resolution
- Insufficient battery life
- No vibrant colors
- Not precise touchpad
5. Lenovo Ideapad 330s
The Lenovo IdeaPad 330s has a stylish design that is robust build with a crisp free display and good battery life. It has the processor intel core 8th generation and 4Gb memory and 1tb internal storage in HDD storage. The display screen is full HD that has vibrant colors. The laptop has excellent performance until it is not pushed hard to work on different windows simultaneously. You can buy this laptop under $520.
Features Of Lenovo Ideapad 330s
- it integrates OS of windows ten home with the processor of i3 intel core 8th generation.
- The display has a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels with 14 inches display
- it is incorporated with an intel graphic processor.
- Robust body and Stylish design
- Crisp IPS display
- Accurate touchpad
- Lags while multitasking
- Average battery life
- Speakers lack bass
6. Hp 15
The hp 15 has 15.6 inches shows full HD videos and powered by 8th generation of intel with 8gb ram. It comes integrated with 1tb hard drive and options available to add SSD. Moreover, it weighs 2kg and runs on window 10.
Features Of HP 15
- The i5 processor of intel core works on window 10
- It has 8GB memory DDR4 along with 256GB of SSD.
- The display measures 15.6 inches that show a 1920*1080 pixels resolution
- It has intel integrated graphics installed
- Quality keyboard
- Great speakers
- Best for college work
- Average display
- Does not worth the money
7. Lenovo Thinkpad E480
The ThinkPad e480 maybe a little bit expensive, but it worth the price you pay for because it comes with an excellent quality keyboard with a precision touchpad. You can get this with SSD.
- It works on windows ten pro along with i5 8th generation intel core processor.
- It has the resolution of 1980*1080 pixels and display measures 14 inches
- The internal memory is equal to 1 TB of HDD, and the main memory similar to 8gb.
- Solid-body design
- Great keyboard
- Type-C port charging
- Dull HD screen
- Lack of performance of the hard drive
The laptops mentioned above are the top 7 cheap 2-in-1 laptops that college students can buy for their college projects and assignments or entertainment.